Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life Drawings


And some gestures.

And some funny looking people.

I started doing life drawing again. I hadn't gone since last winter so it took a bit getting used to. As you see most of these are back poses or I avoid the face so... ya... I gotta aim to get some good front poses. In my gestures I try to put more effort into my hands, feet and faces but when it comes time to really put some energy into a long drawing I find myself shying away from them and leaving them to the end and doing a rush job on them. I will say though, that it is really nice not having a portfolio deadline floating over your head. One of the many perks that come with being done school.

EDIT: I forgot about some so I added them.


8 comments:

Carl Knox said...

heya! great studies! the subtle use of colours really works well not to overpower the gesture.

looking forward to following this blog over the next year!

EL Gato Negro said...

great post I really love the first 2 pieceS !!!

trevor dalmer said...

those are great man! so glad to see u life drwg again.. u have a gift my friend. good point about the porti.. i agree, it's so much nicer drawing these days w/out those deadlines. keep it up ! :)

Adam Temple said...

I like the fourth one down, nice use of color.

Lindsay Campbell said...

Garrett I really love these. You should push your traditional work...its awesome. Miss ya-it's always a pleasure catching up on your blog. hugs.

Jeffrey Cheung said...

I love the first one!

Garrett Hanna said...

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate it!

LINDSAY! Yes I plan to. The year 2010 will be the year I so a couple paintings for real. :D

Trevor Spencer said...

holy kats garrett! your artwork has improved soo stinkin much!